The Development Director is a full-time position that manages all aspects of fundraising for Baltimore Choral Arts, including the Annual Fund campaign, corporate sponsorships, foundation and government grants, special events, planned giving, endowment donations, restricted funds, and data management. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors, Development and Choral Arts Gala Board Committees, and donors.
The Development Director’s duties include:
- Creating fundraising plans to raise more than $400,000 annually;
- Tracking contributions and acknowledging donations in a timely manner;
- Implementing two direct mail and email campaigns for the Annual Fund each year;
- Preparing grant proposals and accompanying materials, including budgets, project descriptions, performance schedules, work samples, and other documents;
- Researching new funding prospects;
- Preparing contributor lists for program books;
- Reconciling donation records with quarterly financial reports;
- Developing donor stewardship opportunities, including special events;
- Managing planned giving marketing and stewardship efforts;
- Creating and analyzing donation reports;
- Coordinating meetings for the Development and Choral Arts Gala Board Committees and taking minutes, managing action items, and coordinating follow-up activities;
- Planning and managing logistics for the annual Choral Arts Gala fundraiser, including solicitation of corporate and individual sponsors, organizing items for the silent and live auctions, producing the event program book, and managing event volunteers;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers at all subscription concerts and special events;
- Proofreading organizational print materials;
- Other development duties as needed.
The Development Director is expected to work at all Choral Arts subscription concerts and special events (6 annually), which are scheduled on nights and weekends, as well as represent Choral Arts at various events throughout the greater Baltimore region.
This position is part of a collaborative office team and is regularly called on to assist with non-fundraising projects, including but not limited to concert production, season planning, strategic planning, tour planning, and more.