Dance & Bmore is hiring a Stage Manager for the inaugural production of Bmore Broadway Live. The Stage Manager will maintain the rehearsal and performance logistics for the production of Don’t Bother Me, I Can’t Cope. The Stage Manager will facilitate communication between the director, creative team, cast, and crew. The Stage Manager will maintain a copy of the script with notes about all blocking and technical cues. The Stage Manager will supervise the pre-show routine and call all technical cues during the show. The Stage Manager will serve as representative of the creative team after the show has opened to maintain the show’s consistency and quality.
- Collaborate with and delegate tasks to an Assistant Stage Manager
- Attend and take notes on all production meetings and rehearsals.
- Work with the Director to create and disseminate weekly rehearsal schedules.
- Communicate information clearly and efficiently between the Director, Creative Team, Producer, Cast, and Crew.
- Step in for the Director to run rehearsal in their absence.
- Take blocking notes during rehearsals, including notes on formations during choreography rehearsals. Manage and share any videos taken of staging or choreography.
- Be “on book” to prompt actors who call for line during rehearsal. Prepare and send line notes as necessary.
- Create and maintain a prompt book with notes on Actors’ blocking and all technical cues.
- Organize and manage the backstage and onstage area during rehearsals and performances.
- Supervise pre-show routines, check presets, and deliver pre-show time calls. Communicate with front-of-house staff before performances. Call all technical cues during performances.
- Give notes to Actors and Crew as necessary to maintain the show’s consistency, preserve the integrity of the Creative Team’s vision, and ensure a safe working environment.
Minimum and preferred qualifications:
- Previous professional experience stage managing musicals, plays, and/or operas.
- Professional, organized, personable, and collaborative
Location: Motor House Baltimore, 120 North Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201; Other venues TBD
- Mondays and Thursdays 6:30 - 9:00PM
- Saturdays 12:00 - 3:30PM
- Dec 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 31
- Jan 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 27 (Fri), 28
Load in: Jan 29
Tech: Jan 30, 31, Feb 1, 2, 3
- Jan 16, MLK Day excerpts
- February 4, 7:30PM Show
- Feb 5, 3PM Show (Talkback)
- Feb 10, 7:30PM Show
- Feb 11, 2:30PM Show 7:30PM Show
- Feb 12 3PM Show (7:30PM optional show)
- Feb 9 (Thur) Broadway Open Mic
- Feb 11, (Sat) 12PM -1:15PM Bway workshop