The Stage Manager will maintain the rehearsal and performance logistics for upcoming Dance & Bmore productions. The Stage Manager will facilitate communication between the director, creative team, cast, and crew. The Stage Manager will maintain a copy of the script with notes about all blocking and technical cues. The Stage Manager will supervise the pre-show routine and call all technical cues during the show. The Stage Manager will serve as representative of the creative team after the show has opened to maintain the show’s consistency and quality.
- Collaborate with and delegate tasks to an Assistant Stage Manager
- Attend and take notes on all production meetings and rehearsals.
- Work with the Director to create and disseminate weekly rehearsal schedules.
- Communicate information clearly and efficiently between the Director, Creative Team, Producer, Cast, and Crew.
- Step in for the Director to run rehearsal in their absence.
- Take blocking notes during rehearsals, including notes on formations during choreography rehearsals. Manage and share any videos taken of staging or choreography.
- Be “on book” to prompt actors who call for line during rehearsal. Prepare and send line notes as necessary.
- Create and maintain a prompt book with notes on Actors’ blocking and all technical cues.
- Organize and manage the backstage and onstage area during rehearsals and performances.
- Supervise pre-show routines, check presets, and deliver pre-show time calls. Communicate with front-of-house staff before performances. Call all technical cues during performances.
- Give notes to Actors and Crew as necessary to maintain the show’s consistency, preserve the integrity of the Creative Team’s vision, and ensure a safe working environment.
Minimum and preferred qualifications:
- Previous professional experience stage managing musicals, plays, and/or operas.
- Professional, organized, personable, and collaborative
- Motor House Baltimore. 120 North Ave Baltimore MD 21201
- Other venues TBD
Time: Seasonal. Dance & Bmore’s current production is in rehearsals with show dates in June.
About Dance & Bmore:
Dance & Bmore (DAB) is a Baltimore-based ensemble of musicians, dancers, and theater-makers engaging communities through the arts. DAB programs engage youth, families, and senior citizens. Bmore Broadway Live is DAB’s newest initiative. Dance & Bmore’s mission is to create meaningful human connections through the arts for communities and individuals at every age and stage of life and design a progression of lifelong programs that improve the social and emotional health of families, youth, and elders.