Sweet Charity Auditions
- Music by Cy Coleman, Lyrics by Dorothy Fields, Book by Neil Simon
- Director/Choreographer: CJay Philip
- Music Director: Bentley Corbett
Bmore Broadway Live produces Broadway shows with exceptional Baltimore talent. Under the direction of CJay Philip, the season includes a February show that highlights Black creatives on Broadway, a June music and dance concert spotlighting musical icons, and Voices of Carmen, an original Musical adaptation featuring Baltimore youth. Dance & Bmore’s Bmore Broadway Live host shows, events, and classes for all ages. @danceandbmore
Sweet Charity follows the romantic misadventures of Charity Hope Valentine, a “taxi dancer” or dance partner for hire at the Fandango ballroom. Funny hijinks and fantastic dance numbers are a signature of this Broadway hit.
- 1 Male Dancer/Actor (any ethnicity)
- 1 Female Dancer/Actor (Asian)
- PLEASE NOTE: Not all actors will be called for all rehearsals.
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays, 7–9PM, Saturdays, 2–5PM, and Sundays, 4–7:30PM, beginning September 9th, 2023.
- Rehearsal dates: September, October
- Load in: November 5th
- Tech: November 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Performance dates: November 11th, 12th, 18th, and 19th
- Strike and load out: November 20th
Rehearsal locations: City Arts 2
Load in, tech, events, performances, and strike will take place at the Motor House (120 W North Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201)