- Serve as production assistant at all Subscription Series events, with tasks including putting up and taking down signage, manning the Box Office phone, and supporting the Pre-Concert Speaker
- Assist audience development and outreach efforts, with tasks including submission of events to free listing websites, creating and posting event flyers, marketing research, and supporting occasional community events
- Help generate ideas and support content development for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and for SHCS’s blog
- Assist in cleaning of patron database
- Create program inserts and Discovery Series program booklets
- Assist in organizational archival efforts including digitizing, cataloguing and conservation of organization documents and audio files
- Provide office support, including ordering office supplies, data entry, envelope stuffing, scanning, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
Candidates considering a career in arts administration, marketing, and/or development are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of classical music strongly preferred, plus proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and Canva (or equivalent visual design tools). Candidates should have strong written and verbal skills, and be reliable, detail-oriented, organized, and effective time managers.
Must be able to commit to a regular schedule of 10 hours per week during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm), plus 12pm-8pm on the days of Subscription Series Concerts (below). SHCS’s offices are located on the JHU Homewood Campus. Compensation is $15 /hour.
- Sun, Oct 15, 2023, 5:30pm – Angela Hewitt, piano
- Sun, Nov 19, 2023, 5:30pm – Takacs Quartet
- Sun, Dec 3, 2023, 5:30pm – Kaleidoscope Chamber Collective
- Sun, Jan 14, 2024, 5:30pm – Julia Bullock, soprano & Bretton Brown, piano
- Sun, Feb 4, 2024, 5:30pm – Garrick Ohlsson, piano
- Sun, Mar 10, 2024, 5:30pm – Mark Padmore & Mitsuko Uchida, piano
- Sun, Apr 7, 2024, 5:30pm – Quatuor Ebene
- Sun, Apr 21, 2024, 5:30pm – Johannes Moser, cello & Marc-Andre Hamelin, piano
Since 1966, Shriver Hall Concert Series is Baltimore’s premier presenter of chamber music ensembles and solo recitalists. Presenting its coveted Subscription Series each year, free Discovery Series concerts around the Greater Baltimore area, and other special events, SHCS has been called “Baltimore’s finest importer of classical music talent” by The Baltimore Sun and is the five-time recipient of Baltimore Magazine’s distinction “Best Classical Music” in its annual “Best of Baltimore” issue.