Exhibitions and Programs Assistant: The Peale seeks a creative self-starter with administrative experience to fill the part-time permanent position of Exhibitions & Events Program Assistant; experience in accessibility policy and services or arts administration is not required, but desirable. This individual will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the coordination and production of exhibitions and special events. The Peale is Baltimore’s Community Museum, and as such seeks to create a welcoming platform for creative storytellers of all kinds. In addition, the Exhibitions & Events Program Assistant will occasionally assist with large scale museum wide projects that expand The Peale’s capacity to serve the community.
Salary & Work Schedule: Starting salary will be based on experience and range between $20 – $25 per hour and average 20 hours per week. Exact schedule has some flexibility, but candidate should expect some evening and weekend work during special events. Although some remote work may be possible, work will primarily be on site at The Peale.
- Assist with management of Peale Exhibitions & Events Calendar
- Meet and correspond with potential and current exhibition or special event partners
- Collect and communicate exhibition and event details for contracts, promotion, and planning
- Maintain accurate database of partner contacts
- Complete preparation and set-up for new exhibitions, special events and new museum initiatives
- Staff special events, both on site and online
- Act as the accessibility coordinator for The Peale
- Support fundraising efforts
- Assist with obtaining required permits for The Peale
- Complete exhibition and special event contracts utilizing already established standard contracts
- Act as back-up for Visitors Services Staff
- Other duties as required to support the exhibitions & special events program
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator with administrative experience in multipart project management. The Exhibitions & Events Program Assistant will work well independently and also as a key member of a busy team. The individual in this position will represent The Peale to potential Exhibitors and Space renters; they must be good stewards of the museum, be patient, flexible and able to adapt processes to meet changing demands. Candidates must have experience working within the Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel. Familiarity with customer relations management software systems is desirable but not required.
INTERESED APPLICANTS: Please email cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to [email protected] by Monday, February 26, 2024. Please include “Exhibitions & Events Program Assistant” on the subject line.