Employment Announcement: Lead and Master Teachers
Application Deadline: January 29, 2016
The new Maryland Artistry in Teaching Institute (MATI) is envisioned
as an ongoing professional development opportunity to encourage
creativity through arts education and/or arts integration in Maryland schools.
The curriculum for MATI is designed to support arts educators and/or classroom teachers
in developing the specific skills, knowledge and dispositions needed
to lead high quality arts-based instruction for 21st century learners.
HIRING for these POSITIONS:
- 5 Lead Teachers (Professional Artists, Teaching Artists, Arts Educators ) Needed for the Arts Integration Pathway
- Beginning Level Technique through Concept Development and into the Classroom (Application and Unit Planning)
- Offer Experience in the Art Form
- Guide Development of Concept-Driven Application
- Apply Experience and Knowledge to Classroom
- 6 Lead Teachers (Professional Artists, Teaching Artists, Arts Educators) Needed for the Arts Education Pathway
- Advanced Level Technique and Studio Facilitation
- Collaborative Process
- 4 Master Teachers (Highly experienced and accomplished arts education facilitators, instructional specialists, teaching artists, or teacher educators) Needed for the Arts Integration and Arts Education Pathways
- Share expertise in arts education, arts integration, culturally responsive teaching, critical pedagogy, and progressive educational practices.
- Lead workshops on mindfulness, creative processes, and community based arts projects and/or facilitating workshops on arts integration theory, pedagogies, and best-practices.
Please open and read the job descriptions below carefully to determine which pathway you are most qualified to lead. (Please do not apply for more than one position unless you meet all of the criteria described on the following pages.) All applicants must be available for a minimum of two institutes. Employment is dependent upon MATI enrollment.
Click below for full Job Descriptions:
ARTS EDUCATION LEAD TEACHER
ARTS INTEGRATION LEAD TEACHER