The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for managing the financials and other administrative aspects of the Creative Alliance. The Director of Finance reports to the Executive Director. The Director of Finance partners with program and development staff to develop and manage short- and long-term budgets.
The following are illustrative tasks and outcomes for the Director of Finance. Each year as the Creative Alliance defines its action plan, the deliverables for this position will be aligned with our strategies.
- Manage financials and financial reporting.
- Develop and manage budget in partnership with staff.
- Ensure maximum return on use of building.
- Capital renovations and upgrades
- Resident leases
- Staff building committee
- Complete necessary documents to ensure successful payroll process.
- Establish procedures regarding financial management, including payment of artists and intake of ticket funds.
- Oversee CA technology/computer systems, manage IT consultant.
- Ensure insurance policies and licenses are adequate and up-to-date.
- Coordinate new hires and benefit enrollment.
- Supervise office manager and operations manager.
Reports to Executive Director.
Experience: at least 5 years in accounting and financial management; some non-profit and grant reporting experience; working knowledge of Quickbooks software; excellent verbal and written communication skills required. CPA preferred.