The Baltimore Chamber Orchestra, led by Artistic Director Markand Thakar, is the premier chamber orchestra in the Mid-Atlantic region. The Baltimore Chamber Orchestra High-School Internship Program is designed to engage high school students who have an interest in pursuing non-profit or orchestral studies at a college or professional level. The internships are open to juniors or seniors who live or attend school in Baltimore City (where the BCO is headquartered) or Baltimore County (where the BCO performs). Created by the BCO as a way to introduce young people to the exciting world of non-profit organizations and concert production, the Baltimore Chamber Orchestra Internship Program offers internships in rotating concentrations in two basic areas: Production and Administration.
Baltimore Chamber Orchestra Fall Production Internship
The BCO is currently accepting applications for Production Interns for Fall of 2014. The interns will work closely with BCO Operations Manager and Executive Director to produce concerts and related musical/educational programs. Ideal candidates will have a desire to learn about new orchestra music, concert production, and an interest in the performing arts.
Sample duties include:
- Assisting in preparations for concert productions, including organizing equipment for rehearsals and performances, communicating with composers and guest artists.
- Coordinating on-air announcements for radio marketing.
- Assistant Managing the box office during the two BCO fall concert performances.
- General office duties.
- Two students will be selected. Students must be high school juniors or seniors and must attend school in Baltimore City or Baltimore County.
- The internship will be eight weeks from September 22nd to November 3rd.
- Interns will work either: Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. orTuesday and Thursday from 3:30 p.m.- 5:00 p.m. MUST be available on Sunday, October 5th and Sunday, November 2nd.
- Interns will have full-time supervision/mentoring in an office setting at the BCO offices in the beautiful Garrett-Jacobs mansion in Baltimore City.
Salary: This is an unpaid position; however college credit may be available.