The BMA is seeking a Marketing Manager to develop creative strategies and promotions to build awareness of the Museum to target and existing audiences using a variety of marketing tools, including traditional media, social media, and guerilla marketing.
This position works collaboratively with Education, Membership, BMA Shop, and Facility Rentals to market their initiatives and increase participation, attendance, and earned revenue.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the communications team and designers to conceive and execute marketing campaigns with budget, media plan, placement strategy, creative development, and copy.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with advertising representatives, media sponsors, and community contacts in order to maximize marketing dollars.
- Conducting audience surveys and market research to determine best use of marketing resources.
- Managing the compilation, analysis, and evaluation of marketing initiatives and attendance.
This full-time, exempt position reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications in the Digital Experience & Communications Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years marketing experience, preferably in the arts
- Outstanding communication, organization, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a team based environment and managing multiple priorities
- Computer experience must include strong familiarity with Microsoft Office programs,
XHTML, web content management systems, database software, and social media platforms.
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription, 403b deferred compensation retirement plan, long term disability, flexible spending account, flexible and condensed scheduling, museum shop, program and exhibition, and restaurant discounts, reduced fee gym membership and a continuing education discount. We also offer 4 weeks of earned vacation, 9 holidays, 3 personal days, a floating holiday, and 12 sick days each fiscal year.