Maryland Art Place: Job Description
Title: Registry Coordinator and Program Assistant
Part-time, hourly, exempt position; occasional evening hours
The Registry Coordinator and Program Assistant is responsible for: administering, coordinating and implementing the Maryland State Arts Council Maryland Artists Registry. In addition, this position assists the Director and MAP’s Program Advisory Committee on all program initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing and promoting the Artist’s Registry and Marketplace database; providing technical assistance to Registry applicants and participants; performing related administrative tasks; completing semi-annual Registry reports; completing monthly reports; managing MAP’s website; designing and distributing email broadcasts and online newsletters.
General administrative tasks include providing support for MAP’s Executive Director, maintaining MAP’s physical and digital archives, maintaining press contacts and assisting with exhibition and event preparation.
The Registry Coordinator position is supported by a grant from the Maryland State Arts Council.
- BA from a 4-year university
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working on both Mac and PC platforms
- Proficiency in the following software programs: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop
- Experience operating scanners (film and document), and a digital SLR camera
Valued but not required:
- Knowledge of html
- Experience designing catalogues, postcards, and other printed materials
To apply, please send a cover letter, current resume, and three references to:
Amy Cavanaugh Royce,
Executive Director, Maryland Art Place
REGISTRY AND MARKETPLACE
Maryland State Arts Council Maryland Artists’ Registry and Marketplace
· Review and approve new artist’s profiles and images
· Assist artists in accessing, creating, and updating Registry profiles
· Assist artists in image sizing and uploading
· Correspond with existing Registry artists re: images and information updates
· Solicit new member through individual contacts with recipients of artists’ awards, through invitations to participants in MAP exhibitions, workshops and events and through other digital and print resources
· Promote the Registry and Marketplace at MAP exhibitions, programs, workshops and events and through broadcast announcements to regional arts organizations, art schools and curators, etc.
· Complete and submit monthly reports detailing Registry accomplishments and Resource Bulletin site visits
· Complete and submit on or before the due date approved semi-annual reports in the format required by Maryland State Arts Council
· Maintain open communications with representatives of MSAC
Online Resource Bulletin
· Research current artist opportunities and resources
· Respond to email requests for inclusion in Resource Bulletin
· Update the Artists' Opportunities page on MAP’s website, with employment opportunities, calls for proposals, and artists’ resources
· Manage MAP’s website, including monthly updates to the MSAC Maryland Artists’ Registry slideshow.
· Trouble shoot and address website concerns
· Create and update digital and print archives of past exhibitions, projects, programs and events, and all media coverage
· Responsible for all exhibition documentation and maintenance of program files.
· Create and maintain digital program/project folders on MAP’s shared network, including a database file to document MAP exhibition history, artist contacts and images.
Assist with all public relations efforts for exhibitions, projects and education programs, including following-up on press releases and maintaining MAP’s media database.
· Respond to media requests for images and information
· Add MAP events to local calendar listings
· Maintain up-to-date press contacts
Manage all social media communication on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
· Creating social media posts, images and events.
EXHIBITIONS, PROGRAMS, WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
· Manage and organize all submissions to MAP calls for entry and open submissions
· Design and install wall text.
· Assist with gallery preparation, spackling, and touch up paint, and ordering supplies as needed.
· Solicit shipping estimates, organizing and prepare artwork shipments and transport, as needed.
· Assist with catalogue production, as needed.
· Coordinate photo and video documentation of exhibitions and events.
· Works closely with Executive Director to coordinate MAP’s Annual Benefit exhibition and auction, and other special events as needed.
· Assist with set up and break down for events, as needed.
· Attend off-site openings/receptions, special events, as needed.
Due to the multi-faceted nature of this small non-profit organization, it is understood that the staff works as a team. All staff members hold equal responsibility for maintaining a professional demeanor, assisting others, greeting visitors, fielding inquiries, selling tickets, registering participants, staffing events, maintaining cleanliness of facility, and other support tasks required.