The BMA is seeking enthusiastic Volunteers for the Museum’s upcoming special exhibition, Matisse Diebenkorn (October 23, 2016 – January 29, 2017). Volunteers will assist with welcoming and orienting Visitors to the Museum and to help with on-site promotion of the exhibition.
About the Exhibition
Matisse/Diebenkorn is the first major exhibition to show the profound influence of French Modern artist Henri Matisse on the work of American artist Richard Diebenkorn. Breathtaking juxtapositions of more than 90 paintings and drawings from museums and private collections throughout the U.S. and Europe reveal the enduring power of Diebenkorn’s firsthand experiences of the French artist’s work and present a stunning new view of two artists who never met. The exhibition will travel to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art following its presentation in Baltimore. The BMA is the only East Coast venue for this highly anticipated exhibition.
This ticketed exhibition will be accompanied by an audio tour that explores the evolution of Diebenkorn’s art and highlights visual comparisons between his and Matisse’s works.
- Greeting visitors
- Providing general information about the Museum and its collection
- Distributing Museum floor plans and other printed materials
- Directing Visitors to the Box Office and collection galleries
- Assisting with audio tours for the special exhibition.
- May also help with Box Office, Coat Check Room, and Welcome Desk general operations as needed
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for 4 hours
- Weekend availability a plus (Saturdays and/or Sundays)
- Knowledge of art history and Baltimore area desirable
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- 4-hour shifts
- Minimum 8 hours per month
* Volunteers must commit to the entire run of the Exhibition (October 2016-January 2017)
A one day-long training session is required for all volunteers. We will offer multiple training sessions to accommodate schedules.