Maryland Humanities is a nonprofit organization based in Baltimore that serves the state with free public humanities programs. Through hundreds of public events offered annually, Maryland Humanities serves 50,000+ with direct programming and reaches an additional 800,000+ through grant‐supported projects, radio and television broadcasts, online engagement, and festivals. Founded in 1973 as one of the state councils of the National Endowment for the Humanities, its mission is to inspire all Marylanders to embrace lifelong learning, exchange ideas openly, and enrich their communities. Maryland Humanities offers 12 different programs ranging from Maryland History Day and Chautauqua to One Maryland One Book, Letters About Literature, and Museum on Main Street.
The Digital & Database Associate reports to the Director of Advancement and works within a team that is tasked with creating, managing, and executing a unified strategy for institutional development, including all activities related to short-term and long-term advocacy, fundraising, marketing, and public relations. The position also works with other staff and Board committees that oversee advancement functions. Key goals include:
- Ensure efficient, accurate maintenance and administration—including training—for the organization’s customer relationship management (CRM) database
- Ensure the timely and engaging creation, posting, and updating of content to social media and website in alignment with brand and design guidelines
- Support the Department of Advancement administratively to ensure fundraising and communications goals are met
A more complete description of all duties is posted on the Maryland Humanities website at www.mdhumanities.org.
- At least one year’s experience in an office environment and at least one year’s experience managing multiple social media accounts and/or website content
- Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, particularly experience in CRM database management; eTapestry experience preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram); additionally, knowledge of CS InDesign Suite, Google Analytics, and HTML is preferred
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work occasional nights or weekends
- Commitment to our mission, vision, and values (see https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/mission-vision-values/)
This position requires occasional travel within the state of Maryland.
Maryland Humanities, 108 West Centre Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Position is full-time at 35 hours per week with a competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials (range: $32,000–$36,000).
Generous benefits package including more than four weeks annual paid vacation, sick time, holidays, health and life/long-term disability insurance, free parking, professional development funds, and 401(k) retirement account with employer contribution.