Classification: Part-time, Unpaid
Reports to: Film Curator
Overview: The Creative Alliance premieres locally-made, independent films, as well as award-winning, internationally acclaimed social justice documentaries, fiction features, and repertory films. Throughout the year, we partner with filmmakers, organizations, and community activists who lead film discussions and participate on panels. Additionally, we present film festivals, including Made In Baltimore Short Film Festival, the Best of Baltimore Student Film Festival, Hot Bits Queer Erotic Film Festival, the 29dayslater contest and film festival, the Asbury Shorts Film Concert, and the 48 Hour Film Project. We have collaborated with several organizations such as the Patterson Park Audubon Center, Equality Maryland, GLCCB, Friends of Patterson Park, the Maryland Film Office, Bikemore, and the International Rescue Committee, among others. Samantha Mitchell selects the films, working in partnership with other film curators and organizations.
- Checking technical quality of films as needed
- Marketing Film Events
- Perform outreach and market research for upcoming film programs
- Archiving press coverage of films that have played at Creative Alliance
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Intern may perform other related functions to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Passionate about film, especially independent and international cinema
- Enthusiasm for Creative Alliance’s mission, programs, and film screenings
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite, Adobe suite preferred but not required
- Well organized in a fast-paced environment
- Available to come in to work at least one day per week and attend 2-4 Creative Alliance evening events per month.
- Excellent communication skills