Arts Education in Maryland Schools Alliance is seeking a Program and Administration Coordinator.
AEMS Programs Coordinator is passionate about the arts education, can act independently and take initiative. They can explain complex issues to wide variety of audiences, plan and implement professional development programs for arts education stakeholders; can organize, track and communicate information related to all AEMS activities. Activities include management of AEMS programs and events including conferences and presentations on arts education and the work of the organization to a variety of constituent groups; facilitating the work of committees; development of print and electronic publications and communications; research, planning, and implementation of advocacy strategies at the state and local level; grant administration; and administrative and office duties.
- Provide planning, marketing, and implementation for programs and events including the Maryland Fine Arts Education conference, Maryland Arts Education Network Events, Arts Leadership Recognition Awards Forum, partnerships with the Maryland State Department of Education
- Make and/or coordinate presentations on arts education and the work of the organization
- Facilitate the work of the Higher Education in the Arts Task (HEAT) Force.
- Write and/or edit AEMS printed and electronic publications including reports and the e-newsletters including written testimony to the Maryland General Assembly
- Oversee compilation and dissemination of resource information and AEMS publications.
- Coordinate maintenance of AEMS website
- Assist with submission of program grant proposals and administer grants received.
- Provide staff support for the Board of Trustees including preparing meeting schedules, agendas, and mailings.
- Administer the annual financial audit in coordination with the bookkeeper and manage the annual budget.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at AEMS including working with vendors and contracts, purchasing supplies, and maintaining organizational activities.
- Actively engage with the arts education field. Provide service on appropriate committees.
- Bachelor’s degree and a background or interest in the arts and/or education
- Excellent management, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in communications, marketing, advocacy, writing and publication
- Skill with Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and Excel)
- Reliable transportation
Salary range is $38-40K annually, based on qualifications.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Lori Snyder at [email protected].