Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (MdVLA) is looking for a dedicated member of the arts community to work as a full time Program Manager. You do not need to be a lawyer to apply for this position. The Program Manager will be responsible for administering MdVLA’s Pro Bono Attorney Referral Program, Art Law Clinics, and Educational Workshops.
Duties may include:
- Communicating with individual artists and arts organizations regarding their interest in pro bono legal services and educational opportunities,
- Interacting with our network of volunteer attorneys to pair lawyers with artists who need help with arts related legal services,
- Maintaining MdVLA’s Salesforce database,
- Marketing MdVLA’s programs,
- Conducting surveys and evaluations for MdVLA’s programs,
- Working with community members to develop and nurture new workshops, and
- Other related administrative tasks.
The duties will require work on some nights and weekends.
- Have a passion for interacting with and participating in different creative communities.
- Be a detail oriented, self-starting, multi-tasker.
- Comfortable communicating in-person, on the phone, and over email with people from radically different backgrounds.
- Have an interest in legal, business, and entrepreneurial issues related to artists and other creatives.
- Be dedicated to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Have a familiarity with G Suite, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce.
- Be willing to work at an organization that continually strives to learn, improve, and grow.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience. Will include Health Benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include the subject line: MdVLA Program Manager Application. If you would like to learn more about MdVLA, please visit our website and watch our video.