The Modell Lyric Education Department is looking for an experienced musical theater director for our 2019 Musical Theatre Camp team. Camp runs from Monday, June 24 through Thursday, July 25; Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. The director will be needed for 3-4 hours each day, as well as the audition day which is [Sunday, April 28] from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Are enthusiastic and passionate about working with high school students.
- Can promote a feeling of security and trust with students. Previous experience working with high school students in an educational setting a plus.
- Have the ability and desire to inspire student creativity. Interested in building each students’ self-esteem and able to inspire students with differing skill sets and abilities.
- Must be able to work effectively with the Musical Director and the Modell Lyric Education department. Willing to take and utilize feedback from the Modell Lyric staff.
- Available for all scheduled rehearsals and the final performance.
- Bachelor's degree or extensive experience in the field; Master of Fine Arts (MFA) optional.
- Extensive experience working with grade school students, particularly high school.
Rate: Hourly pay rate based on experience.
Benefits: Part-time position, no health benefits. No travel, or housing provided.
Modell Performing Arts Center at the Lyric
Musical Theater Camp Director
Job Submission Requirements:
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Start Date: June 24, 2019
End Date: July 25, 2019
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to [email protected]
by November 30, 2018. Please put Musical Theatre Camp Production Director in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. EOE Hiring contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
No phone calls. For more information, please contact Director of Education Denise Gantt at [email protected]