The Support Specialist supports and reports to the Director of Operations. The position also supports the work of the Financial Officer, the Grants and Operations Officer, and the Director of External Affairs, as well as performing certain general administrative functions for the Foundation.
Mid Atlantic Foundation Arts is a private nonprofit 501c3 grantmaking organization. As such, the Support Specialist supports the work of the staff responsible for accounting and financial reporting, management of grant awards after the award decision has been made, human resources and employee benefit administration, integrated database administration, computer networking, information technology, facilities administration, marketing, development, and information services. This position also participates in special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess excellent analytical, computational, organizational, and communication skills as well as demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Adobe Acrobat and other office automation technologies. The Support Specialist will manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive information.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and process bi-weekly Accounts Payable payments, including entering into database
- Prepare and record cash deposits
- Prepare periodic journal entries for depreciation, amortization, prepaid expenses, account reconciliations, and others as assigned
- Prepare documents relating to receipt of awards from the NEA
- Process donations and payments for special events, ex. Jazz Living Legacy Award
- Prepare payroll journal entry based on timesheet allocations
- Assist in transferring data from budget document to database
- Responsible for credit card reconciliation and credit card journal entries
- Maintain electronic and paper files for Accounts Payable, Receivable, and Payroll documents
- Run monthly budget reports for distribution to staff
- Update online record of financial and operational data on DataArts
- Prepare 1099’s for distribution to constituents
- Assist in annual audit, including but not limited to running reports, analyzing data, and organization of responsibilities for completion
- Provide support for grantees concerning document and report deadlines
- Generate periodic reminder emails for grantees
- Maintain electronic and paper files for grant documents
- Assist in database cleaning and development as assigned
- Process grant correspondence and prepare documentation for grant payments
- Enter grant final report data into Pearl Database
- Assist in design of grant applications through eGrant using Builder
- Review and approve grantee contracts
- Maintain electronic and paper records of staff timesheet allocation, leave reports, and other personnel data
- Liaison with contractor to prepare state and federal documents for business license renewals and registrations
- Generate periodic staff reminders regarding performance reviews, benefits notifications, and grants status
- Research, purchase, and inventory general office supplies, furniture, software, and equipment
- Maintain organization of file room and document and arrange for periodic document destruction of files whose record retention period have expired
- Act as front desk receptionist and arrange coverage for the telephones when necessary
- Update foundation website in Wordpress as needed including, entering grants and events into web databases
- Update Pinterest and YouTube accounts
- Compile materials and create draft template for monthly electronic newsletter through Constant Contact
- Provide support for Poetry Out Loud program and Living Legacy Jazz Award as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, information technology, non-profit management, or a related field required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage large volumes of data/information with particular attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with constituents and collaborating staff.
- Established proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word applications.