SINGLE CARROT THEATRE SEEKS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR FOR PRODUCTION OF PINK MILK
Single Carrot Theatre is seeking a Technical Director for upcoming production of Pink Milk.
This position will work closely with the Artistic Director and Production Manager on Pink Milk. This includes leading a team of technical assistants, managing and executing all technical elements of production, supporting production designers in creating plans for design elements (ground plans, light plots, set/prop piece schematics), and evaluating design feasibility (based on Singe Carrot’s available budget, equipment, and labor capacity).
Ideal applicants possess a background in theatre production building, with an emphasis on carpentry and electrics, will also have excellent organizational and time-management abilities, and possess good written and oral communication skills.
Pertinent Dates are as follows:
Start Date: Immediately
Build Timeline: Build takes place according to the TD and Tech Assistants’ schedules. Should begin in late January/early February.
Tech Rehearsals: April 19- 25
Opening: April 26
Strike: May 19-May 26
Additional Hours: TD is expected to be present at 4 Production Meetings and 2 Design Runs on weekday evenings.
- Leads build for production and manages all technical logistics for production
- Creates technical drawings for design elements and manages construction of set elements.
- Supervises technical assistants and sets work schedule.
- Manages production budgets along with designers
- Leads light hang, light focus and audio set up.
- Updates and maintains Single Carrot’s inventory lists
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in both the theatre and shop facilities
- Attends production meetings and department meetings
- Provides regular communication to creative team about progress of build.
- Regularly reviews rehearsal and performance reports
- During run, fixes any set, sound or lights issues that arise.
- Experience managing builds for theatrical productions and constructing sets.
- Has a knowledge of and prioritizes safe practices and industry safety standards
- Ability to read light plots and scenic blueprints.
- Working knowledge of Qlab, including programming and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of ETC Element
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Comfortable climbing ladder and working at height of 17′
Salary and Benefits
This an independent contractor project based position. Stipend is $2500.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected], Subject line “Production Technical Director”