GBCA creates equity and opportunity In, Through, and For arts and culture in Greater Baltimore. It is an independent, IRS designated 501 (c)(3) membership and service organization that nurtures and promotes a vibrant, diverse, and sustainable arts and culture community essential to the region’s economic success and quality of life. GBCA is committed to fairness in hiring and embraces the contributions of staff from all backgrounds. For GBCA, cultural equity embodies the values, policies, and practices that ensure that all people—including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion—are represented in the development of arts and culture; the support of artists; the nurturing of accessible, thriving venues for expression; and the fair distribution of programmatic, financial, and informational resources. GBCA’s Individual and Membership Relations Manager will play an important role in the implementation of GBCA’s 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, which outlines a path for organizational sustainability. This includes the growth and cultivation of individual donors and members. He/she/they will design and implement strategies to support, recruit, and retain donors and members. Responsibilities include managing timely campaigns, maintaining accurate records, and implementing the strategy for successful development outcomes that support a $1 million budget. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the individual giving aspects of a three-year campaign to raise $600,000 to support implementation of the strategic plan,
• With the Executive Director, working closely with the Board of Directors including the Development and Membership Committees,
• Managing annual giving and membership campaigns,
• Managing development operations including the database and gift processing.
• Working with the Board and staff to evaluate and reimage GBCA membership benefits,
• Stewarding relationships with individual donors and members in partnership with the Executive Director,
• Maintaining accurate donor/membership records electronically and in hard files
• Handling other duties as assigned and necessary in a timely and professional manner.
2 PRIMARY QUALIFICATIONS
• A deep commitment to the mission of GBCA.
• Development/Fundraising experience.
• Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization.
• Appreciation for the role and impact of arts and culture in the region
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher in a Mac environment). Knowledge of donor software such as Salesforce or a similar Customer Relationship Management system.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
• Ability to build rapport with the board of directors, program participants, members, donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy and discretion, and customer-service orientation.
• Ability to work kindly and effectively with colleagues and volunteers.
•Education: B.A. or related arts-based employment experience