Mid Atlantic Arts seeks a Program Specialist to assist and support the program officers who work in the development and implementation of programs primarily in the Mid-Atlantic region. The program specialist reports to the Executive Director and works in close collaboration with program officers.
The Program Specialist provides administrative and clerical support for all Mid Atlantic Arts programs, including logistics for panel meetings and related events, review and processing of grant applications, database entry and maintenance, and other tasks related to program administration. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and process grant applications and supplemental applications materials, and request additional materials from applicants, as necessary.
- Prepare application review related materials for panelists.
- Research potential panelists and consultants.
- Coordinate logistics for program related meetings and events, including catering, hotel accommodations, and obtain approval of travel arrangements.
- Run audio-visual presentations and troubleshooting technical problems during panel meetings.
- Prepare data reports on applications and grant programs as requested.
- Respond to information requests about the programs and potential grant opportunities.
- Record minutes of panel meetings, program staff meetings and others as assigned; distribute and maintain files.
- Process honoraria and reimbursement payments of panelists, consultants, and guests.
- Create, update and distribute declination letters for respective programs.
- Actively participate in the organization’s strategic efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion and access within the organization and the broader arts community.
- Participate in team meetings, trainings. workshops, planning sessions, and/or other professional development opportunities.
- Ensure proper maintenance of program department data and data systems as a member of the internal data team.
- Maintain and continuously update position procedures manual.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and possess the ability to work quickly under deadline, independently and juggle multiple tasks. Candidate must possess an interest in data systems and be extremely comfortable using technology with a demonstrated proficiency in accurate data entry. Experience with SmartSimple software a plus.
About Mid Atlantic Arts
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, Mid Atlantic Arts provides grant support and multi-state programming in the mid-Atlantic region. Mid Atlantic Arts nurtures and funds the creation and presentation of diverse artistic expression and connects people to meaningful arts experiences within our region and beyond. It is one of six regional arts organizations in the United States and works in close partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and its member state and jurisdictional arts agencies.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Mid Atlantic Arts provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or status in any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to building an inclusive working environment that supports a diverse community of staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
To learn more, visit www.midatlanticarts.org.