The Coordinator of BSO at Strathmore Events manages the in-person, donor-facing logistics associated with Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) at Strathmore concerts and donor events – at The Music Center and at offsite venues. This is a part time position (15-20 hours per week) with primary work hours on weekday afternoons and weekend evenings (Thursday through Saturday, some Sunday afternoons). Included among the Coordinator’s responsibilities is coordination with BSO and Strathmore staff, caterers, and volunteers for the Comcast Lounge, the BSO at Strathmore’s premier donor benefit for concert experiences. This role is an important member of the BSO’s Advancement and Engagement team with a focus on the Strathmore/Montgomery County event experience, working closely with the VP BSO at Strathmore.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Donor Lounge and VIP Front of House Coordination: Manage vendor & volunteer relationships around BSO at Strathmore concerts, including providing reports and lists associated with Comcast Lounge and VIP experiences.
- Coordinate with BSO ticket office (for comps and other VIP specials), Strathmore operations team, and the contracted valet company for the best possible patron experiences; coordinate with on-site catering for Comcast Lounge as necessary.
- Manage volunteer Comcast Lounge host scheduling.
- Stock and display Overture Magazine and other relevant BSO collateral.
- Appropriately address any patron concerns or comments regarding concert experience.
- BSO Event Assistance: Provide on-site support for BSO Advancement events and community outreach in the Strathmore market.
- Prepare and manage internal communications such RSVP lists, Event Timelines, and circulate for review and approval prior to event.
- Manage RSVPs, including follow up phone calls as necessary to drive attendance.
- Liaise with off-site vendors, caterers, hosts, volunteers and other staff to confirm day of timing and logistics, serving as day-of point of contact.
- Support BSO Advancement events outside of Montgomery County as required, including limited Governing Members Lounge support at Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
- Office and Misc. support:
- Attend event meetings with BSO and Strathmore as required.
- Reconcile event and lounge attendance in Tessitura in a timely manner.
- Misc. duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Energetic and action-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Dedication to delivering exceptional customer experience.
- Primarily based in Montgomery County – knowledge of Strathmore market a plus!
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with learning and utilizing technology – experience with Tessitura CRM a plus!
- A background and/or interest in symphonic music is desirable, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter (not to exceed one page) with schedule requirements to [email protected]. No phone calls. Please apply before Friday, August 20, 2021.
THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and OrchKids do not discriminate in employment on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation,
sexual orientation, marital status, differing abilities, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
ABOUT THE BALTIMORE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Founded in 1916, the Grammy Award-winning Baltimore Symphony Orchestra (BSO) is internationally recognized as having achieved a preeminent place among the world's most important orchestras. Acclaimed for its enduring pursuit of artistic excellence, the BSO has attracted a devoted national and international following while maintaining deep bonds throughout Maryland with innovative education and community outreach initiatives.
Organized in 1916, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is the only major American orchestra originally established as a branch of the municipal government. Reorganized as a private institution in 1942, it maintains close relationships with the governments and communities of the city and surrounding counties, as well as with the State of Maryland.
The BSO made musical history in September 2007, when Maestra Marin Alsop led her inaugural concerts as the Orchestra’s 12th music director, making her the first woman to head a major American orchestra. With her highly praised artistic vision, her dynamic musicianship and her commitment to accessibility in classical music, Maestra Alsop’s directorship has ushered in a new era for the BSO and its audiences.
In addition to the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, the BSO’s status as a founding partner and the resident orchestra at the state-of-the-art Music Center at Strathmore, just outside of Washington, D.C., makes it the only major American orchestra to perform full seasons in two venues.
For more information, visit www.bsomusic.org/updates. Please put the title of the job position in the subject line of your email. No calls or fax please.
The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer