Single Carrot Theatre (SCT), Baltimore’s premier alternative theatre company, creates socially relevant theatre as a form of civic engagement in Baltimore by producing vibrant, experiential performances in traditional and non-traditional theatre venues; building cross-sector partnerships; and facilitating empowering education programs. This includes three productions annually, one night events, a robust education program, and a variety of fundraising and community engagement events. Having recently adopted its new mission and let go of its performance space to become a site specific, more community-minded theatre company, Single Carrot Theatre is in a unique position in Baltimore to hone its path towards organizational growth through bold artistic and organizational choices focused on the city and its residents.
The Content Creator & Marketing Associate will work to develop and implement marketing strategies for Single Carrot Theatre with a focus on social media. They will cooperate with the Executive Director (ED) and Development/Marketing Department to support and execute programmatic marketing plans to grow revenue from ticket sales and institutional marketing, pursuing PR and media opportunities to share stories about Single Carrot programs and initiatives using photo, writing, and video content. The Content Creator & Marketing Associate will be responsible for creating all content for social media and email campaigns as well managing all social media platforms. This position will also assist in the cultivativation of relationships with new and existing audiences and media; clearly communicate Single Carrot’s goals, activities, and impact. Maintain or initiate communication through targeted marketing campaigns carried out through a mix of email and social media.
SCT has a small staff of 9 people (2 FT, 7 PT) and an ensemble of artists also work to support the company’s mission. We are looking for a candidate who can implement strategy from top to bottom for a small organization.
- Execute strategy and content creation for all marketing campaigns.
- Participate in setting of key performance indicators, carrying out campaigns that align with selected metrics and tracking performance of campaigns
- Creating content and carrying out delivery for different target audiences
- Implement social media plans and maintain all social media accounts
- Copywriting for marketing, social media and other PR materials.
- Budget tracking for marketing activities.
- Website upkeep and design.
- Professional experience including work in marketing and content creation
- Understanding of social media trends and graphic design
- Professional experience in social media marketing, especially paid advertising, metric setting, and data tracking
- Passion for the arts or theatre a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing programs (Adobe Creative Suite, canva, etc.)
- Photography and video experience
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Google Ads
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRMs such as Salesforce/PatronManager
Single Carrot Theatre
Content Creator and Marketing Associate
Job Submission Requirements:
To apply for the position, please send a resume to [email protected]
with the subject line “Content Creator” and a cover letter or brief introduction of yourself. We invite you to share anything that best shows off your qualification for this position. This could include your Facebook account, Instagram handle and Twitter handle or the handles for an organization / group account you run, any marketing/social media campaigns you have been responsible for, graphic or digital design work, etc.
Salary: $16.00 - $19.50/hr (based on experience level)
Part-time (10 - 15 hours per week)
Flexible work schedule