BmoreArt seeks a part-time employee for an approximately 20-hour a week position as Gallery Coordinator for the Connect+Collect gallery space and program.
Connect+Collect, founded by Cara Ober and Jeffrey Kent, is a collecting initiative program of BmoreArt. Our gallery and workspace is located at 2519 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
Criteria for a successful candidate:
· Strong administrative skills, attention to detail, and the ability to keep accurate documentation, spreadsheets, maintain an exhibition calendar, and event planning for in-person and virtual settings
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in emails, press releases, some public speaking, and writing about art
· Experience working with visual artists and/or in a gallery setting, so curatorial experience is not required but preferred
· Reliable transportation
· A schedule that adheres to set gallery hours each week with flexibility for special events and studio visits, some evenings and weekends as necessary
· Ability to maintain regular communication with artists, guest speakers, event venues, curators, and patrons of the arts through emails, newsletters, calls, and meetings
· Ability to help design and implement programs to engage with patrons, artists, and audiences
· Awareness of contemporary art, art history, and art world culture
· Achievement-oriented, self-motivated, personable, and comfortable in a sales environment
· Must be fully vaccinated and boosted (vaccination card required to interview)
Pay is commensurate with experience, starting at $20/hour as an independent contractor (1099).
Please email the following materials to [email protected] by May 15, 2020 with “C+C Gallery Coordinator” in the subject heading:
· A Cover Letter describing why you are the best candidate for the position and why you are interested in it
· Resume/ CV with relevant experience listed
· Two professional references with email and phone contact information
We will email you to confirm the receipt of your application and will invite selected candidates for an in person interview with Jeffrey Kent and Cara Ober. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to working with you.