Shriver Hall Concert Series, “Baltimore’s premiere importer of classical music talent” (The Baltimore Sun), seeks applications for the position of Audience Development Coordinator. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the efficient, smooth, and professional operation of Shriver Hall Concert Series, with duties in community engagement, marketing, box office and ticketing, development, and office administration.
ESSESNTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create annual and long-term community engagement plans with goal of SHCS becoming a more inclusive, welcoming, and equitable organization
- Identify, create, and grow meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships with neighborhood and BIPOC organizations, educational programs, community leaders, and retirement communities
- Coordinate engagement activities such as artist master classes and SHCS participation in community festivals
- Help identify barriers of access to SHCS programs and potential solutions
- Coordinate student ticket outreach and processing; help recruit students for internship, usher, and Junior Board opportunities
- Write promotional copy and contribute to the creation of marketing materials, publications, and patron communications
- Contribute to creation of annual marketing plan, including ideas of how to seek out BIPOC and underrepresented audiences
- Collaborate on management of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Draft patron emails in Constant Contact, and analyze and respond to performance
- Coordinate periodic flyering campaigns
- Collaborate in the solicitation of advertisements for the annual program book.
- Keep digital event listings up to date
- Monitor SHCS’s public facing email account
- Support data hygiene
Box Office & Development
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons by phone, email, and in person at events.
- Administer day-to-day Box Office operations, including subscription and single ticket sales, exchanges, seating, reports, and ticketing
- Serve as Box Office manager at all events and participate in on-site day-of operations for all SHCS events
- Process all donations and generate gift acknowledgements
- Assist in coordination of donor events
- Coordinate all office needs including voicemail, office supplies, and processing mail
- Support strategic planning process as needed
- Provide general administrative support
- Being flexible and pitching in where necessary given the small staff size
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities may vary based on experience brought to the position.
- Passion for the performing arts and its role in community building.
- Engagement with the communities of Baltimore and surrounding region
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate warmly, respectfully, transparently, and effectively across mediums with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, and a “can do” attitude with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfortable working independently and in collaboration
- Relentless curiosity with the ability to productively question existing systems and engage in solution-oriented thinking.
- Personal integrity
- Ability to lift 30 pounds (boxes, etc) and ability to work indoor and outdoor events on evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft software and social media platforms.
- Experience with ticketing database, email software, and visual design tools.
- For the safety of patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff, and in compliance with The Johns Hopkins University, the location of SHCS offices and primary performance venue, Shriver Hall Concert Series requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and influenza. Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
$40,000 - $50,000 $50,000 - $60,000
Shriver Hall Concert Series
Audience Development Coordinator
Job Submission Requirements:
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
. Please write “Audience Development Coordinator” in the subject line. We will begin to review applications on July 14. We are committed to being an inclusive workplace, and strongly believe in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented both onstage and off. Individuals from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
● Salary is $40,000-$55,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and informed by the classification of the SHCS’s Operations Manager position which is also currently posted.
● Health, dental, and vision insurance (SHCS pays 100% of premiums)
● 403(b) Retirement & Savings Plan
● Generous paid time off
● No-cost employee parking
● SHCS work onsite with flexibility for occasional remote
● Professional development opportunities