Based in Baltimore, MD, Everyman Theatre seeks a proactive, creative, and critical-thinking leader to join a team of talented staff, artists, and Board Members in the role of Director of Marketing.
The Director of Marketing, in collaboration with the Senior Director of Advancement and Managing Director, will work both internally and externally to strengthen Everyman’s brand while maintaining focus on the organization’s strategic priorities and core values of people, community, and excellence. As a member of senior management, the Director of Marketing will share in the responsibility and leadership of Everyman and will be a regular voice in organizational strategy to maintain, deepen, and develop patron engagement while overseeing a team of marketing and front-of-house staff.
- Oversee the creation, implementation, analysis, and performance of all marketing campaigns for the organization from print to digital. Work with leadership and all departments to ensure a cohesive and comprehensive strategy is planned that represents all facets of the organization each season.
- Create and implement press strategy for the organization as a whole, individual shows, education programs, and community events by identifying unique storytelling opportunities for the organization and consistently and effectively communicating those stories through press pitches, press releases, and native advertising.
- Responsible for creating, tracking, and effectively managing the marketing budget for the organization, to include both expenses and earned revenue.
- Work with leadership and TRG Consultants to develop effective subscription and single ticket strategies with an eye on deepening patron loyalty. Effectively implement TRG best practices across sales strategies, ticket management, revenue projections, campaign performance, and customer service practices.
- Proactively manage the marketing and communications staff by putting people first and setting realistic goals with measurable improvements toward meeting those goals.
- Work with the Education and Development departments to develop and oversee marketing plans for departmental activity, including design, advertisement, website updates, ticketing, and press opportunities.
- Actively support and participate in community partnership cultivation to strengthen and deepen the organization’s meaningful presence in the community we reside in.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years (5 years preferred) of marketing or related leadership experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and publicity campaigns and strategies across multiple platforms. Digital analytics experience a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate transparently, respectfully, and effectively across mediums and with audiences of varied cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience developing and managing budgets across shifting priorities and circumstances.
- Experience in database and list management in a CRM platform.
- Relentless curiosity with the ability to productively question existing systems and engage in solution-oriented, creative, and analytical thinking.
- Positive leader with the ability to manage oneself and others through competing priorities.
- Passion for the performing arts and its role in community building.
WORKING AT EVERYMAN:
Everyman Theatre’s core values are People, Community, and Excellence. The organization is deeply committed to cultivating an atmosphere in which every individual is valued and to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment at every level. We believe that joy should be in our work and we are passionate about taking care of one another, having fun, and getting the job done with excellence (in that order!).
Everyman Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Everyman are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Every application will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, familial or parental status, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or genetics.
Everyman seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment. We encourage applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field, and applicants without theatre backgrounds, to apply.
Everyman is a professional theatre celebrating the actor, with an award-winning Resident Company of artists from the Baltimore/Washington, DC area. The theatre is dedicated to engaging through a shared experience between actor and audience seeking connection and emotional truth in performance. Everyman is committed to serving Baltimore through its robust Education and Community Engagement Programs including the High School Matinee Program and Lifelong learning initiatives, having served ages ranging from 3 to 93. Everyman CARES (Committee on Anti-Racism, Equity, and Solidarity) is an active committee of Staff and Board dedicated to reviewing all facets of the organization and implementing meaningful change.
With an annual budget of about $6 million, Everyman’s robust theatrical offerings and innovative education and community programming engages audiences and students of all ages with the mission to be a theatrical home for all.