The Associate Director will work directly under the supervision of the AIA Baltimore/Baltimore Architecture Foundation (BAF) Executive Director and will be responsible for administering the BAF day to day operations, and execution of events and promotional endeavors, and support organizational development.
This position requires an individual capable of managing multiple priorities in a gracious, precise, professional manner, on a timely basis. Accuracy, attention to detail, independent and team work abilities necessary. Preferred candidate will have experience with fundraising, grant writing, and managing special events in nonprofit organization setting. A desire for professional growth, interest in Baltimore’s culture and history, and the ability to solve problems in an imaginative, creative manner are assets.
Reliable transportation and ability to set up and close down events are required. Occasional evenings and weekend hours will be required. This is an Exempt position reporting to the Executive Director, and working with a collaborative professional team. The BAF Associate Director is staff of AIA Baltimore, a 501(c)6 nonprofit association and an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Work with the Executive Director and BAF board to carry out organization policies and plans that align with the organization’s strategic plan and goals.
- Assist the Executive Director in the hiring and management of BAF personnel.
- Manage and support volunteer BAF committees.
- Shared office administration: answering the phone, handling mail, maintaining files, office maintenance, etc.
- Preparation of agendas, scheduling and correspondence for board meetings
- Work with the BAF Executive Director and Board to develop and executive an annual resource development plan.
- Provide administration and support of the Friends of the BAF. This includes annual sponsorship and contributions.
- Manage BAF committees in fundraising efforts for major programs.
- Maintain and develop sponsorship and contributor lists. Ensures that all sponsor benefits are met as agreed upon.
- Grant writing and administration.
- Works with the Executive Director and Board to obtain strategic partnerships.
- Oversee workplans and execution of BAF programs.
- Create and maintain BAF program budgets.
- Obtain and manage volunteers for programs.
- Attends and provides support for BAF programs.
- With other staff and board, identify new opportunities for public education programs for the Center for Architecture & Design Communications
- Oversee marketing and communication strategy of the organization and BAF programs, including the newsletter, social media, and website.
- Work jointly with the AIA Baltimore/BAF staff on content for newsletters, social media, and website, and events promotion.
- Manage the branding of the organization and brand visibility.
Shared Responsibilities with AIA Baltimore:
- The BAF Associate Director will manage joint BAF and AIA Baltimore events to include:
- Tours with AIA Baltimore Historic Resources Committee
- Annual Groundhog Day Party
- BAF/Fellows Leadership Fundraising Dinner
- Spring Lecture Series
- City Sand (and/or other BAF events such as Chef Night)
- Doors Open Baltimore
- Design Excellence Awards Celebration Baltimore Architecture Month events
In conjunction with other AIA Baltimore/BAF staff, Associate Director will coordinate input for public programs and initiatives related to:
- Dead Architects Society research and publications
- FAR/Kids in Design outreach and development of new K-12 education programs
Shared staff responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding service to members of all organizations and visitors of the Center for Architecture and Design.
- Answer basic questions about benefits and value of membership and services of the organizations.
- Promote a positive culture of mutual respect and collaboration among staff and other organizations at the Center.