A full-time Operations and Development Manager will support the Baltimore Chapter of The American Institute of Architects (AIA Baltimore) and allied organizations. Qualified candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and work with the AEC industry, the general public, staff, numerous organization leaders, volunteers, and members.
Preferred candidate will have experience with accounting and managing special events in a professional association or nonprofit membership organization setting. Required skills include organizational and technical skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, QuickBooks, WordPress, Google Drive, and social media account management, point of sale systems, and Adobe Creative Suite).
Most importantly, this position requires an individual capable of managing multiple priorities in a gracious, precise, professional manner, on a timely basis. Accuracy, attention to detail, independent and team work abilities necessary. A desire for professional growth and the ability to solve problems in an imaginative, creative manner are assets.
Reliable transportation and ability to set up and close down events are required, as well as a working knowledge of audiovisual systems and facilitating virtual programs. Occasional evenings and weekend hours will be required. This is an Exempt position reporting to the Executive Director, and working with a collaborative professional team. AIA Baltimore is a 501(c)6 nonprofit association and an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Center for Architecture and Design operations
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the Center for Architecture and Design.
- Assure the proper use, management, security, and upkeep of the Center’s facilities, equipment, and documents.
- Monitor and answer all inquiries about rentals of spaces at the Center.
- Assist with technical aspects of event set-up including audiovisual systems and virtual programs.
- Greet visitors and conduct sales transactions for merchandise.
- Perform general clerical functions including filing, copying, scanning, bulk mail, etc.
- Procuring and managing inventory of all office products and equipment.
- Engaging the community, planning and executing family-oriented as well as professional programs
- Work with Executive Director to ensure timely stewardship and follow-up needs are met for key donors, Board members, committee members, and corporate partners.
- Manage sponsorship database including routine acknowledgement letters and receipts, monthly additions, charges, and update reports.
- Assist staff with mailings, member communications, sponsorship. Donor stewardship, minutes, and staff activities.
Data Entry & Finance
- Maintain up to date and accurate records using internal database.
- Assist with receiving, processing, and accurately acknowledge donations and other payments.
- Assist with completing and distributing monthly stewardship and accounting reports.
- Support staff with planning, implementation, and follow up for events.
- Help to recruit and manage volunteers and coordinate volunteer involvement in activities and events.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all aspects of administration of a professional association, including fundraising, membership management, and outreach.
Shared staff responsibilities
- Provide outstanding service to members of all organizations and visitors of the Center for Architecture and Design.
- Answer basic questions about benefits and value of membership and services of the organizations.
- Promote a positive culture of mutual respect and collaboration among staff and other organizations at the Center.