Position Description: Associate Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose: To develop, manage, and implement advocacy, public awareness and fundraising plans and to provide additional administrative support to the organization
- Community Awareness, Advocacy and Public Relations
The Associate Director holds outreach responsibilities and works closely with the Executive Director to present a strong, positive image of Baltimore Tree Trust programs, products and services to relevant stakeholders.
- Advocate for public policy that ensures planting of trees to improve neighborhood health and well-being, climate change and stormwater runoff
- Attend public meetings of Forestry Division (TreeBaltimore), City Council, Department of Public Works and community organizations to communicate the importance of tree plantings
- Assist with the production of key communication tools such as an e-newsletter, other electronic sources
- Assist with the production of outreach materials (displays, brochures, flyers, articles, press releases, website and background materials)
- Serve as a spokesperson for Baltimore Tree Trust at events, media interviews, etc.
2. Fundraising and Donor Relations
As a non-profit, Baltimore Tree Trust is dependent on a diversified and successful fundraising plan. The Associate Director manages and implements the fundraising plan with the assistance of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors (Board).