The Creative Alliance, a community-based art center, seeks to fill a part-time position of bookkeeper. Located at The Patterson, a former 1930s movie theater, the Creative Alliance is among the region's leading presenting venues, with two galleries, a 200 seat theater, classrooms, media lab, studio residencies and lounge/restaurant. We're committed to connecting the great and diverse artists of Baltimore to its great and diverse audiences, and having fun doing so.
The Bookkeeper provides support for the Director of Finance & Operations. This is part-time position -- approximately 8 hours/week.
Illustrative Tasks and Deliverables:
The following are illustrative tasks and outcomes for the Bookkeeper.
• Process accounts payable data entry and weekly check run.
• Maintain vendor and deposit files and records.
• Input online and credit card transaction data into QuickBooks.
• Maintain records of employee PTO accrual and use.
• Support department with various reports and projects.
• Experience in bookkeeping, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures, specific to accounts payable and receivable.
• Experience with QuickBooks software. Individual should be an independent worker with the skills to initiate and follow-through on projects without prompting.
• Excellent organizational skills and data entry skills with attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with MS Office.
• Ability to receive instruction from supervisor, prioritize responsibilities and time as required.
• Ability to work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Ability to work on most routine tasks independently and confer with supervisor on complex work assignments or unusual work situations.
Location: Baltimore City - Highlandtown