Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation develops partnerships and programs that reinforce artists’ capacity to create and present work, advance access to and participation in the arts, and promote a more sustainable arts ecology.
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (MAAF) seeks a skilled and organized administrator for the position of Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in providing support for senior executive staff, meeting planning, and maintaining external relationships. S/he will provide administrative support for the Executive Director and Director of Operations and will have responsibility for overall office management.
The Organization and the Mission
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation was created in 1979 as one of six regional arts organizations in the United States. It works collaboratively with state arts agencies, the National Endowment for the Arts, public and private funders, and other service organizations to support artists and arts organizations and their work. In addition to serving the nine jurisdictions that comprise the mid-Atlantic region: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, US Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia; MAAF programs also reach to national and international partners.
MAAF functions as a grantmaker, program initiator, project coordinator, developer of resources and builder of creative partnerships. Its programs cover the full range of artistic expression and include support for creation and distribution of work in the performing and visual arts, artist residencies, artist fellowships, and special initiatives in the folk arts.
The Executive Assistant will:
- Plan and coordinate logistics for meetings of the Board of Directors, committees of the board, and other meetings; generate appropriate correspondence with the board.
- Take and transcribe minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Maintain permanent records of meetings and other matters relating to the work of the Board.
- Make travel arrangements for staff and members of the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the recruitment of staff including managing position announcements and receiving applications.
- Undertake assignments involving advanced word processing skills.
- Conduct research, process mail, maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain office calendars, and assist with other general office duties.
- Maintain relationships with vendors regarding equipment maintenance.
- The position will require very limited overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience with travel arrangements and meeting planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, detail-oriented, highly organized, the ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Mature judgement; respect for and adherence to confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service oriented, demonstrated by timely and effective response to requests.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors.
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Position open until filled.
Please email letter of application, resume, and names and contact information for three references to [email protected] (send file attachments as Word or PDF documents only) or mail documents to:
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
201 N. Charles Street, Suite 401
Baltimore, MD 21201