The Database and Development Coordinator has primary responsibility for
maintaining all donor, prospect, and member records, and constituent transactions via the Altru database; Coordinates and executes the activities associated with the membership and annual fund raising cycles, including but not limited to: mailings; reports; recording and processing transactions and acknowledgments; production of materials and communications (print and electronic), research, and preparation and maintenance of tracking documents.
- Manage daily data entry on Museum gifts, memberships and donor records.
- Oversee data integrity and cleaning process.
- Identifies and recommends procedures and solutions for accuracy, integrity and efficiency of database program and its use.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Serve as point person to work with Finance staff ensuring financial adjustments are made to reconcile gifts in Altru database and carry out other functions on a monthly basis.
- Generate and prepare prospect management reports, systems documentation, records maintenance, reports for acknowledgments, renewals and pledge reminders.
- Performs additional support duties as required.
- Enter and retrieve fundraising system data, and prepare donor reports;
- Draft and process all donor gifts and acknowledgement letters. This includes gifts of membership, in-kind donations, bequests, annual fund, sponsorship, and various campaigns;
- Mail acknowledgement letters within 48 hours of receipt of gift;
- Work with DOD and development team to research prospective individual and institutional donors.
- Work with DOD and development team to develop and execute strategies to increase online giving.
- Works with the DOD to develop and execute membership growth, retention and recruitment plans, as well as develops new ways to improve membership acquisition;
- Research, develop and execute strategies to increase member retention and re-engage lapsed members;
- Develop and implement strategies to upgrade members and convert them to annual donors;
- Identify and report on changes in membership numbers—reductions or increases in retention, Lybunts, Sybunts and offer solutions and ideas for addressing shifts and churn;
- Serve as membership customer relations associate, coordinating, problem solving and providing resource support;
- Coordinate membership mailings and production of membership brochures/packets;
- Represent the membership program at various events and at presentations in the community;
- Performs other related membership and development duties as required.
- 2+ year’s experience with ALTRU (pref.), Raiser’s Edge, or other comparable nonprofit database.
- Bachelor’s degree (pref.)
- Experience in development, membership, marketing and non-profit administration.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with members/donors/clients and internal staff.
- Excellent computer, planning and organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Send a resume; a narrative detailing how your experience relates to this position; and, three professional references to [email protected] or mail to: Lisa Nowell,
Reginald F. Lewis Museum, 830 E. Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. No phone calls please. EOE. www.LewisMuseum.org