The Baltimore Collegetown Network, a non-profit consortium of 14 area colleges and universities, works to enhance the academic, professional, and social lives of Baltimore’s 120,000 college students. For the last 14 years Collegetown has been developing projects and partnerships that attract, engage, and retain students, raise the profile of Baltimore as a college destination, and help colleges share resources. We are currently seeking a Program Manager to lead existing programs and develop new initiatives that support our mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and support communities of practice of senior-level staff at area colleges to foster partnerships and joint initiatives. Facilitate meetings and projects for these groups, including workshops, trainings, joint grant applications, and outreach to community partners.
- Oversee Collegetown internship and career connection programs to engage students in internships and future careers by developing a new Explore Industry series of events, establishing relationships with area business groups, promoting the internship website, and coordinating with the Maryland Career Consortium.
- Manage the Collegetown Shuttle, one of the organization’s principal programs that transports nearly 100,000 riders each year between six colleges and area destinations. Manage relationships with contractors and colleges, create reports, direct communication and outreach, manage the budget, and advocate for the transit needs of students in the region.
- Develop awareness-building events and opportunities to promote and communicate the activities and impact of Baltimore Collegetown to stakeholders.
- Represent Baltimore Collegetown on committees and at college and community events and meetings.
- Organize collaborative projects and partnerships with member institutions and business, government, and community groups.
We are seeking a motivated creative thinker who can work with higher education, business, government, and civic leaders in support of the Baltimore Collegetown Network. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively in a small office. The Program Managerwill work closely with the Governing Board, Executive Director, and other Collegetown staff. This full-time position offers a competitive salary, full benefits package, and generous leave.
College degree required, master’s degree preferred.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Three to five years of experience, including program management with budgetary responsibility, marketing, and relationship building. The ideal candidate will understand the Baltimore region and have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter outlining interest and qualifications for the position by October 23, 2015. Materials can be emailed to [email protected] and addressed to:
Baltimore Collegetown Network
PO Box 11049
Baltimore, MD 21212