Job Title: Marketing & Promotions Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
The Creative Alliance is Baltimore’s premier multi-arts venue with a mission to present and promote artists, performers, and filmmakers; engage diverse audiences, and improve the quality of life in Baltimore City through community-based arts and education programs. Creative Alliance is entering an exciting phase as it lays out a new strategic plan and has broken ground on a second building, the Creativity Center.
Working in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and other members of the marketing team, the Marketing and Promotions Manager is responsible for creating strategies to promote attendance at events, performances, educational programs, community programs, exhibitions, and films. They attract new and repeat audiences by promoting via a broad range of social media outlets, connections with press and media, print promotion (including flyers, exhibition postcards, brochures, etc.), the new Creative Alliance website, email communication, and mailed promotion. They are an ambassador for Creative Alliance in the community and ensure consistent messaging for external audiences and media.
This position reports to and works closely with the Marketing & Communications Director and works with the staff of Creative Alliance to develop marketing campaigns and strategy for major events as well as the many programs that happen daily/weekly at the organization.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications Director and Marketing Team to create strategies for the promotion of Creative Alliance and its programs to Baltimore and beyond
- Develop and execute promotion/marketing plans for events that generate attendance and engagement
- Responsible for Creative Alliance performance and programmatic marketing (includes performances, films, youth education programs, youth and adult classes, Latin American programs, and more). Works with Marketing & Communications Director to develop and maintain promotional strategies
- Responsible for Creative Alliance social media, including Facebook pages, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube etc.
- Manages the workflow and creation of promotional assets (print and digital) for programs are created
- Helps maintain the Creative Alliance Websites (creativealliance.org, creativitycenterbaltimore.org, creativealliance-onview.org)
- Ensures brand guidelines are followed by staff and partners
- Arrange for low cost / high quality printing of bulk marketing materials and maintains relationships with printers
- Provide a clear schedule to Creative Alliance staff for print and promotional deadlines to ensure programs are promoted appropriately
- Build and send bulk and targeted email communications (currently in Mailchimp), maintain schedules for all emails and communicates effectively and timely with our editor
- Oversees distribution of programmatic collateral around the city
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to distribute press releases and personal emails to the press and influencers that highlight Creative Alliance programming
- Maintain an updated and accurate contact list of local promotional connections and regional media contacts
- Work to increase Creative Alliance’s bilingual communication/promotion
- Work to develop new marketing and promotional partnerships in and beyond Baltimore
- Attend networking events to speak about the work and programming of Creative Alliance
- Maintains Etsy store and make recommendations for new promotional giveaways and merchandise
- Presents weekly/monthly reports on social media ROI and google analytics, and makes recommendations based on the information
- Uses data and analytics to assist in creation of promotional plans
Organization Participation Expectations:
- In addition to the job-related tasks for this position, Creative Alliance expects all staff to participate in organization events, activities, and trainings
This job description is not intended to be comprehensive. Employee may perform other related functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Enjoys brainstorming new ideas and strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Appreciation of the unique challenge of presenting new cultures, traditions, ideas, music, and more to the audiences of Baltimore and beyond
- Well versed in many social media platforms and in interested in discovering new ways to interact with the ever-changing nature of virtual interaction
- Some graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Suite necessary
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Must love the oxford Comma
Programs & Platforms:
- Social Media: Highly knowledgeable in Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter
- Google Analytics
- Proficient in Online Platforms: Airtable, Wordpress, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Squarespace (or similar)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe, and Power Point
- Knowledge of Salesforce (or other related Software)
Fulltime, combined virtual and on site possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or similar field preferred
- Non-profit work experience preferred
- 2 – 4 years of experience in Marketing and event promotion, preferably in Baltimore
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Commitment to the mission of Creative Alliance and motivation for success
All employees are required to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 unless there is a medical or religious exemption.
Salary Range—$42,000-$52,000 per year. The actual salary will be based on the relevant job experience and work history
Creative Alliance offers a generous benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance at no cost to employees for individual coverage
- Optional Simple IRA plan through Vanguard with up to 3% match of annual salary
- 4 weeks of PTO upon hire
- 12 paid holidays and 3 floating holidays per year
Creative Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, design portfolio if relevant, three references, and two promotional writing samples, to [email protected]. Incomplete applications may not be reviewed.